So, what should you do if you suffer an injury as a result of product negligence, a faulty product, or a product malfunction? No matter how you feel about your injuries, make sure that you do the following immediately after:
- Take a picture of the product and all its relevant pieces. Preserve the product and do not use it again. It is now evidence in your case.
- Take a picture of the clothing impacted by the malfunction. Preserve the clothing and do not wear them again. It is now evidence in your case.
- Take a picture of your injuries.
- Keep your receipt(s) of purchase. They are now evidence in your case.
- Ask for help from people who witnessed the incident and get their contact information.
- Call your friends/family to pick you up and send you to the nearest hospital or your family doctor or call an ambulance.
Continue to monitor your injuries and take photos of the progress or worsening of your injuries.
Reach out to the company or establishment in which you purchased the product and report the incident. Keep a record of all communication.
Consult a personal injury lawyer for advice.
The team at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP strongly encourages all Ontarians to engage in safe practices.
If you or a loved one have been injured, you may be entitled to receive the help you deserve. Contact us at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.