Darcie Sherman attended law school at Queen’s University, graduating in 2002, and was called to the Bar in 2003. Darcie obtained her LL.M at the London School of Economics in London, England in 2004.
Darcie joined JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP in August of 2018, where she is continuing her varied personal injury practice, with a focus on clients who have sustained serious injuries as a result of motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, product liability, dog bites/attacks, assaults, and other acts of negligence. She also handles Accident Benefits, Disability claims, Long-Term Disability, and CPP Disability matters on behalf of her clients.
She has conducted mediations, and pre-hearings with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Divisional Court. Prior to joining JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP, Darcie practiced plaintiff-side personal injury litigation in Toronto.
In her spare time, Darcie enjoys travelling, photography, learning about art and wine and spending time with her family and friends.
Darcie has a particular interest in privacy and has written and published the following papers:
- An Argument for a Collaborative Approach to Privacy Protection, Ontario Bar Association, Vol. 8, No. 1, 2007
- RFID and Privacy, Ontario Bar Association, Vol. 6, No. 4, 2006
- ‘Biometric Technology: The Impact on Privacy, 2005
- Comparative Research in Law and Political Economy (“CLPE”), Vol. 01, No. 01, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- The Advocates Society, Member
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto, Member
- Toronto Lawyers Association, Member
- LEAF, Member