The Thanksgiving weekend was tainted by various fatal motor vehicle collisions in the Greater Toronto Area. The first occurred in the Port Perry area early Saturday morning, claiming three lives. Then Saturday night near Guelph, three more people were killed—less than 24 hours after the motor vehicle accident near Port Perry.
The Ontario Provincial Police had joined a national Thanksgiving long weekend campaign by police forces to make roads safer. The campaign is called “Operation Impact”, and is focused on the four leading causes of road fatalities: aggressive driving, impaired driving, inattentive driving, and failure to use a seatbelt.
It is important that drivers remember the important safety tips when on the road, including:
- Keep 100% of your attention on driving at all times;
- Slowdown. Speeding gives you less time to react and increases the severity of the accident;
- Be aware of other drivers and drive defensively;
- Avoid driving when you are tired; and
- Always wear your seatbelt and drive sober and drug-free.
The team at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLPstrongly encourages all Canadians to engage in safe practices when out on the road.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to receive the help you deserve. Contact us at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLPand a member of our team will be happy to assist you.