Halloween is one of the most fun nights of the year for children. Keeping a few Halloween safety tips in mind, ensures that everyone arrives home safely after a successful night of trick-or-treating. Review the following safety tips to keep yourself and your community safe.
Choosing the Right Costume
- Wear light or bright-coloured costumes to make it easier for drivers to see you.
- Consider using make-up instead of a mask, to ensure that your vision is not restricted.
- Bring flashlights or glow sticks to light the way.
- If it is raining, ensure your umbrella, hood, or hat is not blocking your vision.
Halloween Safety Tips for Parents and their Kids
- Encourage kids to trick or treat in a group.
- Make sure kids are always paying attention to traffic when crossing the street. We encourage you to cross at crosswalks or intersections.
- Stay on sidewalks whenever possible. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic so that drivers can see you.
Halloween Safety Tips for Drivers
- Keep a look out for people using crosswalks. Do not use your phone while operating a vehicle. Be mindful of using your GPS or any navigation system on your phone or vehicle.
- Slow down and be extra cautious. People, particularly children may forget to look both ways before crossing the street.
- Do not drink and drive.
Have a happy and safe Halloween from everyone at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP.
If you or a loved one is involved in an accident, please contact our offices for a free consultation.