There are many cases where people travel as passengers in a taxi and get involved in a collision. The analysis of fault in a motor vehicle accident is critical to the evaluation of your claim. There are increased responsibilities and obligations that fall on a professional driver who drives for a living, such as a taxi driver.
If you have suffered injuries due to an at-fault driver, whether it is your taxi driver or another party, you as a passenger can claim personal injury compensation and accident benefits, whether or not you, yourself have car insurance.
If you are injured in a taxi, you should:
- Call the police;
- Call a personal injury lawyer to ensure your rights are protected;
- Collect information about the taxi driver, his/her license, personal details;
- Keep details where the accident happened and take pictures;
- Obtain the name of witnesses;
- Collect out-of-pocket expenses.
This list is not exhaustive.If you have been injured in a taxi accident and need representation please do not hesitate to contact the team at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP for a free consultation at (800) 715-1082.