Have you been injured in a motor vehicle collision while using ride-sharing services? Uber and Lyft have a coverage system in place which is designed to compensate those who have been injured in accidents.
If an accident occurs during your Uber ride, you should:
- Call the police and report the accident.
- Get emergency treatment for your injuries, if necessary.
- Get contact information from your Uber driver and any other drivers involved.
- Make sure to get your driver’s rideshare insurance information, in addition to his personal policy information.
- Take photos of the scene and the damage to the vehicle(s).
- Take screenshots of the ride-share app showing you as an Uber/Lyft passenger involved in a collision and the driver’s/vehicle information.
If you or anyone you know has been involved in Uber/Lyft accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Please contact our team at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP for a free initial consultation.