So, what should you do if you suffer a injury as a result of a dog bite? No matter how you feel about your injuries, make sure that you do the following immediately after:
- Obtain the owners contact information as well as the dog’s information (usually on a dog tag).
- Take a picture of the dog if possible.
- Take a picture of any injuries.
- Notify the police immediately, Public Health, and the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society.
- Ask for help from people who witnessed the dog bite for their information.
- Look around for any possible surveillance that could of obtained footage of the incident, including video doorbells.
- Attend the hospital and/or your family doctor.
Continue to monitor your injuries and take photos of the progress or worsening of your injuries.
Consult a personal injury lawyer for advice.
The team at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP strongly encourages all Ontarians to engage in safe practices.
If you or a loved one have been injured, you may be entitled to receive the help you deserve. Contact us at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.