So, what should you do if you suffer a injury as a result of a food recall? No matter how you feel about your injuries, make sure that you do the following immediately after:
- Take a picture of the product and all it’s relevant pieces, including any serial numbers and expiration dates.
- Take a picture of any injuries.
- Keep the food packaging and the food, if possible, and do not tamper with it.
- Keep your receipt(s) of purchase.
- Ask for help from people who witnessed the use of the product and the result.
- Call your friends/family to pick you up and send you to the nearest hospital or your family doctor or call an ambulance.
Continue to monitor your injuries and take photos of the progress or worsening of your injuries.
Reach out to the company or establishment in which you purchased the product and report the incident. Keep a record of all communication.
Consult a personal injury lawyer for advice.The team at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP strongly encourages all Ontarians to engage in safe practices. If you or a loved one have been injured, you may be entitled to receive the help you deserve. Contact us at JEWELL RADIMISIS JORGE LLP and a member of our team will be happy to assist you.